In the digitalised B2B market, it is vital for companies that online search engines show customers the way to their website. Search engine optimisation (SEO) can help with that. Yet, it is still far too often overlooked, or poorly executed. Many – wrongly – consider it to be a one-time deal. However, once the initial effort is done, a website still requires regular maintenance to keep its search engine ranking high.
A visible website
Studies show that more than 90% of website traffic generated through Google comes from page 1 of the search results – making page 2 of Google the best place to hide. Search Engine Optimisation helps your organisation to leave its hiding spot and become – and stay – one of the top results on search engines.
A long-term effort
SEO is a wonderful thing. It sparks your website’s visibility and in the long rung it can boost your sales numbers. But it is not a miracle that occurs without some serious effort. Creating a good, insightful blog post or two and tweaking some of your website’s features once, will not be enough to gain the desired result. Scoring well on search engines is a process that needs constant monitoring and updating of existing content and website features as well as adding new content on a regular basis.
First of all, SEO is not an exact science. Optimisations that work for one website, do not necessarily work for another. Changes to the content or the website design need to be analysed and fine-tuned if need be. On top of that, it takes time for search engines to pick up the changes you made and to reward them.
It also takes time to become an authority in your market. And to be considered as such, asks for a lot of good quality content. You will not reach the top spot from the first SEO optimised blog you publish. It will ask for multiple valuable texts, published on a regular basis over the course of a rather long time.
As you can see, SEO is seldom a one-hit wonder. And it does not stop once you are among the top results. Becoming relevant is one thing, staying relevant is another. The (online) market is always evolving, customers’ search behaviour changes constantly, and search engines always try to improve their algorithms. Because of this you need to monitor these changes and maintain your SEO efforts in order to stay relevant. Especially(!), because your competition is also constantly performing SEO.
How can we help?
Vintage Productions can help you with SEO during every step of the way. On the technical side, we can help with:
- Making sure the HTML-markup of your website is SEO-compliant.
- Ensuring your website works spotless and fast on all screens and devices.
- Linking your site to Google Search Console, Analytics and other relevant tools.
- Creating scripts that regularly check for broken links and inform the content team.
- Conducting SEO audits of your existing websites and advise you on how to improve them.
On the content side Vintage Productions is there for you to assist with:
- Keyword analysis & research incl. check for keyword trends.
- Video & image tagging.
- Metadata research.
- A clear website structure.
- Keeping website info up-to-date.
- Social media updates & share links.
- Copywriting to include (new) keywords in SEO relevant spots: H1-H2 titles, text, captions, bread crumbs, Google snippet.
- Relevant blog topics & rich content.